Monday, January 14, 2013

Introduction

While this first post will serve as little more than an outline for my eventual goals and projects, it should also serve as a catalyst to get the creative ball rolling. For a long time now, I've been meaning to coalesce a bunch of my work and efforts into one vehicle, and hopefully this will do the trick. If not, well, nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose.

For starters, my name is Adam. If you have already figured that out by now, well, gold star for you. Just one though. Don't want to spoil anybody too quickly. What do I do, you ask? I like to do a lot of things, really - I'm a dabbler at heart. Jack of All Trades, Master of None and that sort of thing. I like to learn a little bit of everything (or a lot of everything, depending on the thing in question). Art, Science, History, Writing, Philosophy, Myth, Games - everything extends practical, applicable knowledge and information to any other field, even (and especially) if it's unrelated. It's simply a matter of appreciating how things can interrelate in unexpected ways. And trust me, they do.

On a more practical note, I'm currently a graduate student working on my masters degree in Architecture. The program's in Las Vegas, which has its benefits and drawbacks just like anything else. The kicker is that I've meandered into the Realm of Architecture after a long journey through the World of Biology. Why the switch? It's hard to articulate something quite so complicated, but I'll try: I got bored with biology; didn't see anything fulfilling that would come of it, so I decided to follow my passions, which, curiously, is a mixture of art and science that architecture fills rather nicely. 

Anyway. That's enough about me. Time to start nailing down what this place will do and what it will not do. 

As I mentioned above, my interests are pretty diverse, so the postings here will accordingly be diverse as well. There will be occasional artwork and speedpaintings as well as work from school projects (ie. of an architectural nature); there will also be intellectual ramblings from time to time about whatever subject happens to catch my attention long enough to actually write something about it. I do play a fair number of games and I will probably have posts that deal with thoughts, ideas or reviews of games (though those will probably be rare, excepting my first series of posts which will probably have a lot to do with World-Building). That's all that really comes to mind at the moment, but I'm sure something will whack me over the head later and remind me that I forgot it in the first place.

Until next time, adieu.

PS. A little something to tie you readers over in the meantime - a clay rendering I put together in Kerkythea (a program I'll probably talk about from time to time, so bear with me). Just trying to keep my creative energies on their toes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment